Monday 16 September 2013

"I am a sub and I wanted a way to explore the emotional aspects of a Dom/sub relationship" says Paige

My guest author today is Paige Matthews an erotic and contemporary romance author who recently published her second book entitled” CONSUME ME ”
What is your latest book about?
My latest book takes a look at a member of a BDSM club in Boston and a woman that applies to their training program. Each of the characters is battling a past that have affected their ability to sustain or want any type of long term relationships. However, their attraction to each other is undeniable and almost threatening. They need to battle with their own fears in order to be together. When the heroine’s past comes back to haunt her, the hero must fully admit his feelings to her and himself in order to keep her safe.
When did you begin writing and why do you prefer BDSM?
I began writing during high school, although those were more journal like musings. During college, I majored in writing and specifically creative writing. I chose BDSM as a specific sub genre of erotica because the lifestyle intrigues me. I am a submissive and I wanted a way to explore the emotional aspects of a D/s relationship and that lifestyle. I believe that the 50 Shades phenomena has opened main stream culture to this world and with that come both positive and negative associations. I want to craft interesting stories that not only entertain readers, but also educate them as well. Within each of my first two novels, readers will find explanations of protocols, rules, and the in/outs of submission and dominance.
What are the advantages of writing for a niche market?
The advantages of writing for a niche market include the ability to craft a novel specifically the way you want. Readers are looking for specific story line, specific elements. As a writer, I can craft the stories the way I want without worrying about how the reader will interpret the story or plot. However, there are disadvantages as we are limited to readers who specifically look for erotica. We limit ourselves to readers and target market, although I believe there are a lot of readers that enjoy the erotica genre . Do you research to write and how? Do you visit clubs?
I do research to write what I do. As I said before, I am a submissive and I draw off of my experiences, thoughts and emotions to drive my female leads. I talk with fellow kinky people and read a lot on the lifestyle from various sources, not just my contacts. There are always certain aspects of your novels that require research. You are not able to produce a realistic portrayal without research. I have visited clubs in order to get a feel for the environment, the smells, and the energy. Some things can only be described by actually seeing and feeling.
How difficult has the self-publishing process been for you?
I think I was rudely awakened when I published my first novel and I have learned a great deal from that time. The hardest thing in self-publishing is promotion. I spend countless hours a night and sometimes during the day working on social media, blog posts, connecting with other authors and readers, doing cross promotion. My husband hates it when I bring my Ipad out at night .
I think there is stigma against self-published authors that affect the reception of readers. There are writers who don’t take the time to craft their story to the point where we can't edit it anymore and publish it, but those are only a few in the scheme of all self-pub authors. We spend a great deal of time writing, editing, editing some more…
Did you design your own cover? If not how?
I actually use a cover designer (one of my biggest pieces of advice to self-published authors). I use Tugboat Designs (www.tugboatdesign.net) and she is absolutely wonderful. I usually explain my ideas for the cover and send a few examples of photos that I like, and she does the rest. Although, I changed the look of the cover for the second novel, Deborah was still able to keep a generic theme across the covers. She is awesome and very easy to work with, not to mention competitively priced for indie authors!
How do you get ideas?
I draw of experiences and my own fantasies. What would I enjoy? How can I craft that into a story? I wrote a short story that I submitted for publication to an online erotic magazine that was based solely on a fantasy that I had. Keeping fingers crossed it gets chosen . I usually start with an idea and then brainstorm with a few of my trusted confidants and beta readers, to flush out the ideas and plot line. How long did it take you to write the latest? I started Consume Me in February of 2013, so just over seven months from start to finish.
What’s your next project?
I have completed writing and am in the process of editing a contemporary rock romance due out hopefully in December, and I am also working on the third novel in the Devoured Club Series entitled Dominate Me. After that I have two more to write in the rock series and a few stand alone projects that I am working on with a D/s couple. So keeping busy!
***Thank you for having me on the blog today.
CONSUME ME by Paige Matthews
Blurb:
Emma O'Connor's interest in bondage and submission has led her to the training program at Devoured. With past sexual experiences less than par, Emma wants nothing more than to submit to a Master. With her need for pleasure and her desire to please, Emma finds herself exploring the desires that have remained subdued; although unsure if she could make a good submissive.
 Marcus, the Dom in charge of the training program at Devoured, is more than interested in the feisty submissive. When Emma walks in for her interview, Marcus knows he's met his match. Consumed by nothing but thoughts of her, Marcus begins to doubt his ability to stay in control and his previous stance on collaring a submissive. Marcus finds himself unsure of his feelings for Emma, and his responsibility to the other trainees.
 When a threat surfaces against Emma and her past comes back to haunt her, Marcus must admit his feelings for her in order to protect her, or risk losing her forever.
 Join Marcus, Emma, and the rest of the Devoured Club Doms and Subs in the second installment of the Devoured Club Series.
Author Stalker Links:
Facebook/Twitter/Website/Blog/Goodreads:
Purchase Links:
Kindle edition http://www.amazon.com
Goodreads:www:goodreads.com
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com
Blog : http://paigematthews.com/
Excerpt :
“Yes, sir, I am ready.” Her voice was laced with need and desire. The musky smell from her arousal filled my senses as I grabbed my flogger off the bed.
I began to run it over her body, lightly grazing her back and ass, the inside of her thighs, and even through her pussy. The motion was meant to awaken her skin and desensitize it prior to me picking up the impact of the whip.
I chose a low intensity flogger, one that would have a lighter sting and more thud than a thicker flogger. I wanted to start her off slow, and build her tolerance up. She had mentioned that one of her biggest fantasies was to be restrained against a St. Andrew’s cross and flogged until she came. I would make that fantasy come true, but for now, baby steps, so to say.
I continued to run the flogger over her, teasing her while alternating between grazing and light strikes against her skin to awaken it, prepare it for the heavier strikes.
“Sub, tell me why you hesitated earlier in the lounge?” I ran my hands over her breasts, pausing to feel them roll through my fingers, pinching her nipples before I picked up the flogger and continued on. Her body swayed toward me, yearning for more.
“Sir…I um…” her response fragmented as I lightly struck her thigh with the flogger.
“I’m waiting, pet. Answer me.” I growled back while landing the flogger on her ass.
“Sir…Public nudity brought back a bad memory, sir, I’m sorry. I won’t hesitate again.” Her voice was shaky, as if she was trying to hide something. I picked up the speed and rhythm of the impacts, varying the positions from her ass to her back to her thighs. I paused to give her body a break, and her head sagged onto my shoulder.
I ran my fingers over her sex, to find her wetness dripping down her leg. “We will talk about that in more detail later, but one more question before I allow you to come.”
“Yes, sir?”

No comments:

Post a Comment