Sunday 2 June 2013

Huddinge Jazz and blues

It was a pleasure visiting the Huddinge jazz and blues festival(31 May-1June) which is held annually.Attendance was good and the weather was wonderful.I feel a special connection to this kind of music because of my African heritage.On the first day the groups performing were Huddinge Big band and Caroline Wennergren.Of all Caroline´'s songs,Holiday in Harlem,Crying Moon, Taking out the girls and I got a guy were the ones I liked best.Knock -out Greg and the injectors performed widow walk,the fallen,I miss you baby and You better win with me baby.Clas Yngstrom and the big three played The ugliest girl in the world,Tough mama , Clean cut kid and its Just you and me baby.On Saturday the groups performing included Weeping willows,Elin Larson group who played Monster,Getting something new and Slowly slipping out of my hands. The final show by Nils Landgren and Funk unit was great and the audience was on its feet just jamming to the music.They played Get serious,get a job,Track suit and I dont want it. www.huddingejazz.se

No comments:

Post a Comment